Finding a job in Canada after obtaining permanent resident status and immigration can be challenging, and gaining Canadian work experience is usually a requirement for new immigrants.
In order to increase your chances of finding a suitable job, it is important to connect with people in your area and other Canadians in your country of origin.
Most employers are particularly interested in your ability to work effectively in English or French, so improving your language skills will improve your job prospects. It is also important to understand the Canadian work culture because every workplace has a different culture, and they all meet Canadian work expectations.
Depending on the profession or occupation in your country, it is important to find out other skills needed for similar jobs in Canada. In Canada, most occupations are regulated at the provincial or territorial level. Depending on the institution you attend, your training and education may or may not fully qualify you for Canadian certification.
When people move their bases during the Canadian immigration process, the most important aspect is to verify themselves and their profession after arriving in Canada. A person’s requirement is not a job at all, but a desire to find a job in Canada related to your education, training, and experience.
To find your first job in Canada, you need to know:
1. Which Canadian employer to hire. Many Canadian employers offer great opportunities. There are many Canadian job openings every day.
2. How to make your education and training data recognized. There are many diploma evaluation services in Canada. These agencies charge a fee to provide you with professional advice that compares with the qualifications you have obtained in Canada. The evaluation agencies are as follows:
- International Qualification Assessment Service (IQAS)-Alberta,
- International Identity Evaluation Service (ICES)-British Columbia,
- Academic Skills Assessment Service (ACAS)-Manitoba,
- International Ability Testing Service-Northwest Region,
- World Education Services Canada (WES Canada)-Ontario
- The center d’expertise sur les Formations acquired the Quebec Appetizer (CEFAHQ)-Quebec
- International Proficiency Testing Service-Saskatchewan
- Comparative Education Service (CES)-University of Toronto
- Canadian International Certification Service (ICAS)-Agent in Ontario
- Canadian Council of Professional Engineers (CCPE)-International Engineering Education Evaluation Program (EIEAP)
3. Understand the Canadian job market. All developed and advanced countries abide by labor laws and standards. Canada’s labor laws define the requirements that Canadian employers must comply with in their conduct with workers. The main purpose of the standard is to ensure that employees work in a safe environment, promote equality, and meet the needs of employees.
4. How to write a resume for Canadian employers. Canadian employers expect your resume to meet certain Canadian standards.
5. How will resumes attract interested employers-Canada has many agencies that can help new entrants, and some agencies can provide employment placement assistance.
Now, AKKAM Immigration and United Services provide tools that allow you to start looking for work in Canada long after obtaining a Canadian immigration visa (permanent resident).